Thursday, January 14, 2010

Brand New Blog

I am a DME or an FAA Designated Mechanic Examiner. For those of you that don't know what we do, we conduct oral and practical examinations for applicants that wish to become certificated aircraft mechanics. The FAA certificate is Mechanic. The two ratings that fall under the certificate are Airframe and Powerplant. To become a DME, one must be a A&P mechanic, in good standing, and have at least 5 years of experience. There are less than 500 DME's around, and we are supposed to test applicants that live within our assigned areas. To locate a DME near you, go to the FAA website and you can search for one with very little trouble. If you would like to make an appointment with me, my phone number is (850) 936-9202. I live and conduct exams in Navarre, Florida. Navarre is located in NW FL between Pensacola and Fort Walton Beach.

1 comment:

  1. Very Nice Blog, I am very happy to visit yours blog. Keep up the good work. I wait to read more posts.
    Pilot license

    ReplyDelete